Diet & Nutrition
10 Mindful Eating Tips
Here are 10 mindful eating tips to ensure you eat with a fuller heart, a calmer mind, and a little extra space in your belly for some pie or wine!
- Start with small helpings of everything you want to taste, then go back for more later
- For every bite of food you eat, think of five adjectives to describe it.
- Do not guilt yourself.
- Tune into the smell, feel, taste, sight, and sound of your food.
- Think about every step your food took along the way to get to your plate.
- Notice the moment your mind goes, “Should I eat this next bite?”
- Think from a place of abundance, not lack.
- Honor your body through your food.
- Think about those less fortunate than you.
- Take the time to verbally thank the people who made the meal.
Tina Chadda, MD is the founder of Akasha Meditation and a practicing psychiatrist, author, and mindfulness and wellness coach based in Toronto. Tina is a founding member of the Institute of Coaching Professional Association, a Harvard Medical School affiliate. She is affiliated with the University of Toronto and is the Immediate Past Chair of the Psychotherapy Section of the Ontario Psychiatric Association. Leading Physicians of the World has recognized her as a Top Doctor on multiple occasions. Tina is also trained in Reconnective Healing®, a form of vibrational energy medicine, maintains a personal yoga and meditation practice and is the author of the following books: The Heart that Heals Itself: Discovering Emotional Riches Through Meditations and Reflections, Mindfulness In Italy, MomentiD’oro, Golden Moments and Cooking in the Heart of Italy: Recipes from my Kitchen in Villamena with Raffaella Covino. www.tinachaddamd.com
Tina recently launched Akasha Meditation, a new evidence-based wholehearted living app for those seeking alternative methods to meditation, mindfulness and personal development. Please let me know if you would like to try it and I can send you the promo code.