Five Steps to a Good Night's Sleep
Anyone who has ever had a bad night’s sleep knows that sleep deprivation is no joke. Sleep directly affects your mood, productivity and decision making all day long. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, share a few tips to help you and your family improve your sleep habits:
- Relaxation Ritual. Set aside time to wind down and relax before actually crawling into bed. A hot shower or bath, a cup of caffeine-free tea, or even watching an episode of your favorite TV show can help calm your mind and prepare you for sleep.
- Room Review. Simply put, clear out distractions in your bedroom. This includes television and even your cell phone. By not having these things within reach, you can more easily relax.
- Food Fix. An empty stomach can be just as distracting as a completely full stomach when trying to catch some Z’s. Make good food choices before going to bed. Avoid sugar, caffeine and large meals; instead, try a bowl of granola or whole grain cereal or some crackers with cheese.
- Sleep Schedule. A consistent bedtime and wake time encourages your body and mind to get into a rhythm. By sticking to a schedule, even on the weekends, you will have put yourself in the position for consistent sleep patterns that will help keep you feeling rested all day.
- Mental Mantra. Make it a point to forget about everything that is on your mind before you go to bed. Doing this will help you avoid running through it all while you are trying to sleep. so you can rejuvenate and relax.
Envolve, Inc.™ is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. For more information, please visit www.envolvehealth.com.