Seven Medicine Cabinet Must-Haves for the Summer
Summer is a time to enjoy the warm weather and the outdoors as much as possible. However, the hot season means natural elements that can hinder anyone’s well-being, making it imperative your medicine cabinet is stocked with the most essential, over-the-counter, at-home first aid products and medications.
- Moisturizing Sunscreen – This goes without saying. A moisturizing sunscreen is an absolute must! Sunscreen acts as a basic sun protector, assists with premature aging, helps with evening skin tones, all while making sure you stay moisturized.
- Aloe Vera Gel – With the sun’s rays in full force, it can be difficult to protect your skin from the heat. Aloe Vera Gel has great preventative properties also working as a skin rejuvenation, healing and soothing product. Aloe Vera Gel is a summer essential tool in skin-health and can used to relieve burned skin, remove sunspots, and moisturize dry skin.
- Calamine lotion – The summer brings mosquitos along with other pestering insects, leaving you vulnerable to bug bites and itchy rashes. Calamine lotion is an oldie but goodie. This soothing cream is great to calm any itching that you may endure.
- Neosporin – Most people are more active during the summer season, partaking in outdoor activities like hiking, camping, and beaching. Neosporin helps in treating and preventing infection due to minor cuts, scrapes, and burns you may get from your summer lifestyle.
- Band-Aids – Besides the most common use of Band-Aids, such as treating minor cuts and scrapes, Band-Aids can also be a great summer hack and important to prevent blisters, friction, and wounds from sandals and other exposed footwear.
- Benadryl – Summer allergies are no joke! Pollen and insects can do a lot harm. Benadryl treats sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, hives, skin rash, itching, and other allergy symptoms that summer brings.
- Multivitamins – Some people may not know it, but summer is a great time to boost your body’s defense system. Multivitamins are important to provide the nutriment your body will crave in the summer.
Dr. Christopher Calapai, D.O. is an Osteopathic Physician board certified in family medicine, and anti-aging medicine. Proclaimed as the “The Stem Cell Guru” by the New York Daily News, Dr. Calapai is a leader in the field of stem cell therapy in the U.S. His stem cell treatments have achieved remarkable results in clinical trials on patients with conditions as varied as Alzheimer’s, arthritis, erectile dysfunction, frailty syndrome, heart, kidney and liver failure, lupus, MS and Parkinson’s.
Dr. Calapai started his practice in New York City in 1986 and for over 25 years he has hosted nationally syndicated radio shows, including his two weekly call-in shows on WABC 770-AM, where he offers health and medical advice. He has a show on Saturday morning 8-9am and Sunday evening from 6-7pm. He has consulted with numerous high-profile individuals including Mike Tyson, Mickey Rourke, Steven Seagal, and Fox series Gotham’s, Donal Logue and worked as a medical consultant for the New York Rangers hockey team as well as various modeling agencies. Please visit www.drcal.net