Staying Healthy Inside and Out
Living our lives to the fullest means getting serious about our health, bodies, and mindset. As women over the age of 50, we need to safeguard what we have and keep moving toward positive wellness.
Leading a long, healthy life requires diligence and hard work. Here are ten important life tips to get you started:
- Learn to forgive. As a Buddhist saying reminds us, “Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.” People make mistakes and it will make you feel better just to forgive.
- Visualize daily. They say if you focus on something you will get it. Try to spend a little time during the day to focus on what you really want. Don’t let any other thoughts interfere with your concentration. You might want to buy the book Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain. It really helped me get a husband!
- Focus on the present. This is a hard task, but you will have a better life if you accomplish it. Another saying to remember is “Learn from the past to do better in the present so that you can succeed in the future.”
- Keep a journal. Organize your thoughts on paper. Dedicate time every day to jotting down what’s on your mind and making to-do lists before going off to bed. You will sleep better knowing that it’s there ready for you in the morning. This tactic also helps you follow your thought pattern. It’s truly a great mind exercise.
- Think only positive thoughts. Do this and remember to smile every day. This simple action releases the “happy hormone” that helps squash negativity.
- Look people in the eyes. When talking with anyone, it’s important to look that person directly in his or her eyes. That’s how you should be communicating all the time. Looking away or down shows inferiority.
- Try to stay sharp. We all do the same thing every day and it becomes automatic. Try to learn something new to “shock your brain” into another gear. It can be taking Spanish, making a model plane or becoming a blogger!
- Don’t take life too seriously. We work so hard to be the best, but we have to lighten up a little. Try to laugh more and learn from your mistakes instead of beating yourself up.
- Try to be fit. Fit bodies successfully lead you to better health and confidence, which are two important aspects of obtaining a good, long life.
- Help others in need. It’s fulfilling and sometimes contagious once you start reaching out to those who need your help. It can become a circle of kindness. “Pay it forward.” More importantly, learn how to LOVE your fellow man.
New York City’s celebrity Life&Style coach and anti-aging expert Warshaw-Wernick comes to your rescue when your life needs a redesign inside and out. Andrea, who is in her 60s but looks like she could be in her 40s, is an expert in the stage of a woman’s life she calls “Chapter Two”. Andrea is the founder of the boomer website http://fabatanyage.com/ and she launched the Fabulous Forever Program http://fabatanyage.com/fabulousforever/ to help women 45 years and over achieve their life and style goals.
Want Andrea to help you refresh your life? Contact her at email@example.com.