Tips for a Fun and Safe Hike
Hiking is a great way to get exercise and explore natural surroundings. In honor of July, National Outdoor Month, the health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, have put together a few tips to keep in mind to ensure a fun and safe trek through your favorite trails.
- Be Prepared. Water, food, sunscreen and a first-aid kit are just a few items that may come in handy throughout your hike. You may also want to bring a wilderness or survival kit that includes things that are needed for the specific climate you are in or terrain you’ll be hiking. Always carry a compass with you instead of relying on your cellphone’s GPS. You may not have a signal. Bring a map of the area you are walking and do a little research beforehand on trails to ensure a stress-free afternoon. And don’t forget to tell others where you are going..
- Take Breaks. Go at your own pace and take as many breaks as you need. Water and snack breaks are good ways to re-hydrate and build up energy. Incorporate a few stretching and picture-taking stops that will allow you to finish your trail in high spirits and enjoy the beautiful scenery around you!
- Watch Weather. Make sure you’re prepared for any type of weather because conditions can change unexpectedly during a hike. Bring rain gear if the forecast calls for showers. Know the expected length of time of your hike so you are able to make on-the-spot decisions should the weather change.
- Pick a Playlist. Feeling tired and need that extra boost to finish the trail? Throw on a pair of headphones and listen to your favorite songs to give you that extra strength and motivation. It’s a great way to build up energy and get you to the end of your trail!
- Make a Real Connection. Hiking is a wonderful way to bond with friends and the great outdoors. Start planning your next nature adventure and get ready to create some lasting memories. But remember, take a break from technology and put that phone away to really enjoy your company and the surrounding scenery! BONUS TIP: Even though you have your phone put away, you may want to bring a portable cellphone charger. If you were to veer off course or something were to go wrong, you want to make sure that you have a way call for help.
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies medical management, utilization management, specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, behavioral health management, life and health/wellness management, empowerment and education services, telehealth services, 24/7 nurse advice services, and data, analytics and IT solutions. For more information, please visit our website http://www.envolvehealth.com/ or contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.