Top 9 Ways to Prevent the Cold & Flu Naturally
Cold and flu season has officially arrived! It is imperative to take action and protect yourself. Nationally recognized Clinical Pharmacist, Dr. James LaValle offers these tips on doing just that :
1. Wash your hands as often as you can.
2. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer, keep a travel size and take it with you where ever you go.
3. Avoid touching your face and mouth – when someone sneezes, bacteria becomes airborne and often lands on clothes and hands.
4. Avoid getting close to people who are sick.
5. Eat vegetables regularly – Eat dark-green, red, and yellow vegetables and fruits. They’re packed with numerous antioxidants, plus vitamins A, C, E, and beta-carotene.
6. Take aged garlic extract supplements regularly – dozens of well-backed studies have shown that garlic supplements not only prevent the cold/flu, but can also reduce duration and lessen the severity of symptoms.
7. Get lots of sleep – Most adults need about 7 to 8 hours sleep, teens need about 9 hours daily, and growing kids need from 10 to 12 hours of sleep.
8. Reduce stress as it can weaken your immune system (another fun fact about aged garlic – it can reduce the negative effects of stress).
9. Exercise and staying active boosts your immune system, a 30 minute daily walk is all you need (however, the more you can squeeze in, the greater health benefits you achieve).
For more information on Dr. LaValle click here.
Previous TV Appearances: